Oh it has been a longgggggg time. 😂 So, er, I’ve kind of lost the motivation to write a blog entry for the past year. And it’s always difficult to start writing anything for me. I think this is the longest time I’ve been away from posting. The last entry was in July 2018 and it’s April 2019 now. 😂 9 months I think? A whole baby could’ve been conceived and born within this time. 😂
I’m going to try to recap the past 9 months in a numbered list or else it will be too rambly and all over the place.
- I had one of the trips of my life last July. For about 3 weeks, my family and I went to the States for our summer holiday trip. Lune came with us for the first 2 weeks too and we did New York City and then went down to Orlando for a week and a half worth of theme parks.
- When we were in NYC, we did all of the classic tourist spots. My parents and I have been to NYC before but I don’t remember much of the city and neither lune nor my little sister have been so we did it all again. xD On the first full day in Manhattan, we covered:
- On the second day visiting Manhattan, we covered:
- We spent about 4 days in New York City before flying down to Orlando. It’s been a bit of a dream for both lune and I to visit Walt Disney’s World as well as Universal Orlando Resort so it was fantastic that we were able to go together.
- We spent 2 days in Universal Orlando Resort to cover both Universal Studios Florida and Island of Adventure. Mainly so we could cover both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley xD
- We then spent 5 days in WDW, doing all of the 4 main theme parks.
- We then flew back to the NYC where lune sadly had to go home first. My family and I stayed for another 5 days or so in NYC covering the bits we haven’t hit during the first part of the trip.
- Walked along the High Line
- Watched a Broadway musical, Anastasia.
- Had a (giant) pizza at Grimaldi’s Pizza.
- Walked arossed the Brooklyn Bridge
- Visited Coney Island (for my Brooklyn boys!)
- Spent an afternoon in The Met.
- Snapped a picture of the Empire State Building (aka Olympus), the Woolworth Building (aka MACUSA) and the Flatiron Building.
- Took a picture with the Captain America statue at the Liberty View Industrial Plaza in Brooklyn.
- I was back at work in August. In some ways, it was easier and harder this year. Easier because I know what to expect now but harder because I have longer days this year.
- My family and I went to Japan in October and I finally got to go to Tokyo Disney Resort during Halloween time! Definitely worth it. I also had my first experience of visiting a Disney park by myself! My little sister didn’t want to do Tokyo DisneySea with me so off I went on my own. xD
- I had a problem with my jaw, I have temporomandibular disorder (TMD) for a while now but the muscles got inflammed at the end of November. We think it’s because of stress (😂) so I was on soft food yet again for a while. It’s still not 100% now but at least I can eat pretty much everything.
- A good friend of mine asked if I wanted to visit the tourist spots in BKK when his friends visit at the end of the year. It’d been a very long time for me since I’ve last been to these places so I said yes just to be a tourist for a day!
- I turned 30 in January! Had a few meet ups with friends to celebrate as well as went out for drinks and dinner with friends from work on the day itself.
- This one is going to be a bit of a TMI but I had a really bad stomach cramp at the beginning of February. It was really weird because the pain was at the right and lower side of my abdomen. It felt like appendix pain but I already had mine removed years ago. And the pain was really bad when I was standing and walking, but nothing when I was sitting or sleeping.
- The pain did go away after a few days but I went to have it checked out anyway with a gynecologist. (There’s a family history on my mother’s side with tumors in the reproductive organs and cervical cancer so we thought it was better to go have it checked out.)
- I came out of it being diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. I was never bothered that my cycle has never been regular but the doctor did say that having a regular cycle makes it easier to notice if there’s anything wrong with my reproductive system.
- My cousin and her boyfriend visited us from England in mid-February so we spent many days doing touristy things in Thailand.
- My sister and I visited the Jim Thompson’s House Museum for the first time. I think it’s a great place for tourists to see what our architecture was like back in the old days.
- Wat Pho and Wat Arun (we would have visited the Grand Palace as well but it was closed to tourists that day because it was one of the main religious holidays in Thailand).
- All the malls in BKK, like a true local xD
- A rooftop bar – we did the Octave Rooftop Lounge and Bar at the Marriott in Thonglor.
- A day trip to Kanchanaburi
- I went to 3 wedding receptions in the span of 10 days last month. xD It has been quite some time since I’d last been to a wedding reception and then BAM. I was invited to 3 in March. It’s a good thing that I have 3 dresses for these 3 receptions. xDDD
Wow, I didn’t plan to have 9 things as an update on my life but here we go. (There were 10 things in the list originally but the last one about films can be left for another entry since 9 things in 9 months looks a lot better than 10 things.) I like it when things workout neatly when I haven’t planned for it (Kinda). (Gone up to add a bit more to this entry’s title.)
My laptop is going to run out of battery soon so I’m going to end this entry here. Hopefully now that I’ve done one entry, I can keep my momentum going for write a few more entries to keep this blog going. 😂
I hope you all have a great week!