I’ve just finished posting the latest Japan trip’s entry, but I thought I’d keep on with another blog entry. Better keep the momentum going xD I’m really not sure how to start or what to include so we are just going to let my fingers take over and see where they take us?
- I went to Qingyuan on a work trip for 3 nights, 4 days in the beginning of May. It was probably the only trip I’ve made into rural-ish China during my two-year stay in GZ. I was a bit apprehensive at first but it turned out to be a good trip.
- We did some hiking, kayaking (which I didn’t do) and painted walls of a nursing home. The highlight of the trip for me is probably tea leaves picking and then getting to see how the leaves were processed. I even brought the finished tea leaves back home to Bangkok!
- Also, another colleague that went on the trip with me was one of my closest friends in GZ so that made the trip even better. We made a great team 😉
2. Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 as soon as I got back from the trip and my goodness, it was amazing. I definitely enjoyed it way more than the first one. (I didn’t really like the first one, the climax had me go ‘WTF?!’.) I think I’ll make another entry just for films because I’ve seen a lot of films since then. Anyway, this film got me into 80s music. The soundtracks from both Vol 1 and Vol 2 are amazing, though I probably prefer Vol 1.
3. I discovered laser tag. xD I know, I know, it’s not really something full grown adults should be into but I really enjoyed it. I’ve done it 3 times in a space of… a month? It’s a great way to work out! And I never really thought that I’d be any good at it but I’m actually ok with the aims. I’m also very competitive… xD
4. I’ve started driving! Well, I took driving lessons for about a month and managed to pass my driving test on Wednesday! I’m so happy and proud of myself because it’s been getting a lot more difficult to pass a driving test here in BKK and I’m not sure how I managed on my first go.
- The staff there basically said that, on average, about 12.5% of people pass. We can take retakes but the place is so far that it would be so much of a hassle to go. I passed the written test last month, took it even before I started my driving lessons xD That was ok, I’ve discovered an app that gave me questions to try and that was a really great way to revise. I also had to sit through about 5 hours of orientation. That, wasn’t fun.
- The practical driving test, I wasn’t so good at each maneuvers during my driving lessons. I wasn’t confident at all so it was such a great surprise that I managed to pass them on the day! Such good luck. The driving lessons themselves were nerve wrecking, obviously, but I’m not adverse to the idea of driving anymore. I was actually more nervous taking the test than taking the car out to drive on real roads xD
- Don’t think I’ll be getting my own car yet but I’m glad I’ve finally gotten around to getting a driving licence.
5. My family and I went on a beach vacation at the beginning of this month and I enjoyed the first 3 days immensely. I swam twice a day, 15 laps each and was at 7.5km record. Then I went and threw my back out somehow.
- Or, well, some muscle inflammation in my back. It started with an ache on Wednesday. By Thursday, I was pretty much in pain. I had to sleep on my stomach and sitting hurt. Standing and walking was ok. I ended up sleeping on the floor on Thursday night because the bed was too soft for my back.
- I woke up on Friday feeling much better and I was optimistic. Then I sneezed while I was on my feet. Oh. My Goodness. The pain that went down my legs almost had my knees buckled. Nope. Back to square one. Or even worse.
- Long story short, I’m still not feeling 100% now and it’s been almost a month. I was so made at my body because it’d stopped me from going to see Tom Holland until more than a week later than everyone else. Urgh. I haven’t felt this betrayed by my own body for a long time.
6. I’ve also been on another trip last weekend to the North Eastern part of Thailand. It consisted mostly of us eating and sitting in a van ^^” We visited a few temples though and saw my aunt and uncle-in-law who moved up there about 6 years ago. This is a customary, twice-a-year trip for my family. It’s good for the soul and mind. We were very lucky to have moved the trip up to last weekend from this weekend because a water reservoir broke yesterday and many of the roads are underwater.
7. I’ve mentioned seeing GotG Vol 2 in the beginning of May so I want to just make a list of films I’ve seen. I will hopefully go into more details in some other entry.
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (12 May)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (26 May)
- Life (27 May)
- Wonder Woman (3 June)
- The Lost City of Z (4 June)
- Despicable Me 3 (17 June)
- The Mummy (18 June)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (16 July)
- Dunkirk (27 July)
Huh, I just realised that I kinda like seeing my films back-to-back, lol.
Overall, I’ve seen 14 films in the cinema so far this year (this may possibly be a new record). That is, on average, 2 films a month. I kinda discovered the joy of going to the cinema on Friday night too late during my time in GZ. It was so convenient having a new cinema within a 15 minutes walk from my apartment. Hence me going slightly overboard with the number of films in my last couple of months in China xD
There are quite a few more I want to go see this year too. I wonder how many films I’d get to see in the theatre this year.
So yeah, I think these are all that I want to have written down as an update in my blog. I’ll try and see if I can do a whole entry about my thoughts on all of the films I’ve listed out here.
Hope you are having a lovely Sunday!